Ready to enjoy success
without the stress?
for working with entrepreneurs arose while wrestling with the question of whether or not I wanted to have children. What I realized was that if I was going to bring a child into this world, I needed to believe that things could improve for their generation, and for generations to come, and that I was doing my part to help make the world a better place.
The way I contribute
to improving our world is by helping ambitious, purpose-driven entrepreneurs like you. I fully believe in your potential to be a changemaker in the lives of your clients, family members, communities, and even the world at large.
I also know how emotionally and mentally challenging it can be to run a business, especially when it’s built on helping others.
This is why I’m committed to
helping entrepreneurs like you to overcome self-doubt and learn to navigate the emotional ups and downs of entrepreneur life so you can step into your full potential, use your talents to make the world a better place, and feel good about yourself along the way!
Does any of this sound familiar?
- You’re overwhelmed and exhausted and sometimes wonder if you’re really cut out to be a business owner.
- You have trouble disconnecting from work and your well-being and relationships are suffering.
- You’re plagued by overthinking, analysis paralysis, or procrastination
- You wonder if you’re really capable of bringing all your dreams for your business to life.
- You put off marketing, or networking, and when you do put yourself out there, you can’t stop wondering what others are thinking about you.
- You undercharge or overwork (or both), and say yes to everything and everyone.
- Any disappointment or rejection sets you into a downward spiral and throws off your day (or week).
Imagine that you could
- Ditch your imposter syndrome and start believing in your ability to be a successful business owner and make the world a better place.
- Feel excited, energized, and motivated to work on your business and grow it to its full potential.
- Confidently share your message and services with the world so that you can attract the clients that really energize you.
- Bounce back faster after disappointment, failure, or rejection
- Enjoy the freedom, flexibility, and ease you’d hoped to find when you first started your business
- Make decisions more quickly, be more productive, and take more consistent action in your business
- Step away from work without guilt and enjoy time with the people you care about (including yourself!)
Mindset coaching with me is not business strategy. I won’t give you tools to clarify your ideal client, choose marketing channels, or create a new offer.
Mindset coaching is the support you need to take action and move forward with your business strategy, without feeling overwhelmed (or overworking) in the process.
Here’s more about what mindset coaching with me is all about:
It’s more than just the power of positive thinking.
If you’ve tried that and it didn’t work then you’re in the right place. My coaching methodology is based on tools and techniques grounded in the latest research on neuroscience and designed to create long lasting changes.
Our work together will focus on
- Overcoming limiting beliefs that are holding you back OR causing you to overwork
- Increasing your mental and emotional resilience so you can better handle the rollercoaster of entrepreneur life.
- My clients tell me that my combination of compassion and accountability is the secret sauce to helping them get things done! You’ll also learn new ways to motivate yourself so you’ll take more consistent action outside of our work together.
You’ll walk away from our work with tools and techniques that you can continue to use to handle any future mental and emotional challenges that entrepreneur life throws at you.
Ready to get started?
A few more things about my coaching
My work with clients is about more than just changing your thoughts. I believe mindset work isn’t complete unless it acknowledges how the systems and cultures we’re a part of, or grew up in, influence how we show up in the world and interact with others and ourselves.
I want you to feel safe to bring your whole self to our sessions, which is why I strive to create an environment that is inclusive and welcoming. I’m an ally to the BIPOC, immigrant, LGBTQIA+ and Fat Positive/Health at Every Size communities
Many entrepreneurs, including many of my clients and myself, are “uniquely wired.” If this sounds like you too then our work together will focus on making sure your unique wiring doesn’t hold you back from success and ease as a business owner.
My coaching program is not a cookie cutter model. I have tools and a framework that works for the majority of clients, but I strive to create a bespoke program for each of my 1:1 coaching clients that takes into account their unique goals, needs, and preferences.
Coaching is not the same as therapy. I’m a former therapist, but do not provide therapy to my coaching clients. Some of my clients work with a therapist simultaneously for the treatment of grief or a specific mental health diagnosis. Therapy often focuses on looking to the past to heal from old wounds whereas coaching focuses more on getting you from where you are now to the future you desire. We may dip our toes back into the past to help you better understand yourself, but we don’t stay there long. If I ever suspect that I client would benefit from therapy I don’t hesitate to refer them to one of my colleagues.
What my clients say
“Melissa is a warm, kind and caring coach. She’s a great listener and truly sees, hears, and understands her clients. If you’re looking for a compassionate coach, I highly recommend connecting with Melissa Parks.”
“Melissa is professional, organized, and very well tapped into helpful informational resources. I appreciated that when we talked, she was often able to offer insight into how the brain works, human psychological tendencies, and especially useful strategies for navigating situations.”
Anonymous Former Client
“I can’t say enough about Melissa. Her sessions are full of compassion, patience, understanding, and growth. She gave me just the right tools to gently guide me as I overcame stressful moments in my life and worked on being my best self. I learned so much from working with her that I still use to this day, which is so empowering. I really recommend working with her!”
Anonymous Former Client
“Melissa is compassionate, warm, and professional. She had the unique ability to dive deep when necessary and laugh with me other times.”
Anonymous Former Client